
My social issue is about knowledge. A person wouldn’t think I was smart because of my appearance. The way I act and look doesn’t describe what I have learned or how I do in school. The issue doesn’t affect anyone around me because if you know me personally then you would know what kind of person I am. The issue doesn’t affect me, I just find the words "You’re smart?" amusing when someone ask me.
I chose the statement because a person can be smart no matter how they look, dress or act. I chose this picture because a lot of people would think someone that has bad life conditions, isn’t smart. If someone sees a poor person on the streets asking for money, they will think they are stupid because they can’t get a job. If someone is in prison people may think they’re not smart because they’re behind bars. People that has bad conditions isn’t stupid, they just chose to do the wrong things. The words "Don’t judge a book by its cover" came to my mind while doing this project.
No comments:
Post a Comment