Photo has been an interesting class this year. Its one of my favorite classes to learn something’s in. Every time a person misses a day, they will miss something interesting and fun. When I first selected this class, I was thinking like this would be an easy class. Photo isn’t easy, you would learn things you never knew existed.
One my portfolio you would find the compositional tricks of the rule of thirds, leading lines, macro, and extreme angles, cropping and I also have a contact sheets showing all the compositional tricks. I have a feature of self portraits, my interpretation of the scream photo, and a critique of Parkeharrison’s photo. You would be able to see my photoshop skills by looking at the adjustment layers, creative me, scary expressions, and haunted Chavez post. My favorite two projects would be the lyrics and social issue post. My artist statement would give you my thoughts on the class overall. My portfolio is average, I know it’s not the best but I’m not disappointed with it. I think I have progressed a lot over the months. I have never used photoshop before coming to this class so I learned a lot about that. I learned the correct meanings for camera symbols and I learn how to use them when using that feature. Out of all the projects we had, I think I was most successful with the macro and extreme angles project. I was successful with the macro project because that’s one of the projects I had patients for. I had to keep taking the photo over and over before I could get it right. When I finally did capture the shallow background, the picture looked beautiful. It was easy to see that the flower on the tree was the main point of the picture. I was successful with the extreme angles picture because my partner cooperated correctly. I think I take good photos when I’m taking pictures of a person. The angles were great and the setting of the picture went well with my partner’s position on the fence.
I struggled with the rule of thirds project. Taking a picture for the rule of thirds, you would see a grid, you have to get your main point in a far corner or anywhere but in the middle. When you look through the grid, you would be able to take a picture in the corner but when you see the picture on the computer it would be large and the main point of the picture would be out of place. I also struggled with my haunted Chavez project. I struggled with that project because my ideals didn’t go into place like I wanted them to. I think the haunted Chavez project was the most complicated project of the semester. I have improved on my photoshop skills. Before coming into photo, I didn’t know anything about photoshop. I know how to make a picture look better and I know how to design a photo. I improved on my portfolio, I like writing and I think my post is what keeps my grade good.
I could improve on paying attention more and remembering things. Sometime I forget what the teacher say when she just said it 5 minutes ago. I could improve on taking my time when I do a project sometimes I don’t have the patients for it. I think if I turn it in, at lease I get some points. It’s better to turn in a project when you feel you did a good job.
All the things I have learned in photo would help me when I take pictures. I will remember my artistic skills for school projects or any event flyers. I recommend this class to anyone that wants to master photoshop skills.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your portfolio is lovely. It really looks nice. I am always impressed by how hard you work toward each project. I know that this class has definitely challenged you-but you rise to the occasion. I can see your improvement across the semester, and I am very happy with how well you are doing. Keep the ideas coming, push your creativity, and embrace the artist inside you. Next semester will be and excellent showing.
Post a Comment