Thursday, September 11, 2008

Compositional Trick #3:Macro

The things thats small in person appear bigger when looking through the micro function.That small thing appears to be the main subject of the picture, everything in the background doesn't matter.Depth of field is how far a person could look into the background.To have a deep field means you could see things in the background clearly,the picture keeps going.Having a shallow depth of field means that your main subject is pointed out but everything in the background is blurry,it no longer matters.To me at times I think the micro would be the compositional trick when I have a good looking single object,I would use this because the object is by itself so I wouldnt need to see anything else,nothing else would be important.I would use the micro texture when I have a interesting thing to look at,I would use this to figure out the important details.I used The flower photo because this flower is very beautiful and it has a shallow depth of field.By looking at my photo you could see easily what was my main point,Using the micro function helped me block out the tree branches and tree leaves.In the micro texture picture,I picked this one because by just glancing at it you wouldnt notice the water but the white bubbles make you notice its a little puddle of water.


No comments: