Monday, May 11, 2009

Artist Statement

My portfolio constant of many different things. This semester in class we learned how to take group photos to see how the picture would work out, we also learned about the asymmetrical and symmetrical. Symmetrical balance is when a picture has the same thing on both sides. Asymmetrical balance is when the eyes balance out but the sides doesn’t have the same things. My portfolio has work from the effects we learned, the emphasis effect shows the main point in the picture, the glow effect makes a blurry looking shadow and the cross process effect gives more of an odd color. My portfolio has some of our best projects. We made the graduation invitations for our class and we made the academic excellence letter program. Our difficult projects are the surrealism and the metaphor projects. The surrealism project we had to add different things from our dreams, to make odd things come together. Our personal metaphor project we had to pick a metaphor that describes us or how we feel. To help us with our surrealism project we had surreal practice tutorial, the practice showed us how to put things together into a complete picture. I have projects that enhance our camera skills, my favorite thing we learned on the camera was the shutter speed which we use a little light in a dark area but when we see the picture it has a neon lighting bright light, the picture comes out nice. We learn about the iso, metering, and the fill in flash.
I think my portfolio is well put together, my projects aren’t all that creative but I explain each project very well. My favorite thing learning on the camera was the shutter speed; I liked how all the pictures came out when we used that function. There was a lot of projects I enjoyed working on this semester. I was happy with how my graduation and academic excellence letter program projects came out. I think I could of did a lot better on my surrealism and metaphor project but I still enjoyed working on them, I like the point of those projects. Before this semester I didn’t know about the camera functions like the metering, iso and the fill in flash. Now I know what each of those function does and I know when to use them if I have to. I think I was most successful with my effects project. I knew how to use each of those effects; my favorite effect is the glow effect. I don’t think I struggled with any of my projects,I just don’t take a lot of time to think about what I want to do in a project. My projects is never creative,my ideas don’t click like I want them too. In the future if I take my time to think about the projects then I would be good.
Most of my influences come from Miss Cook, she has the best work I seen from a person. I don’t really like the art we seen from the famous artist.I have seen a lot of growth in my photoshop skills,I know how to use most of the tools. I also improved on my camera skills,I take better pictures,I know when to use certain functions.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

I knew you were an artist the moment you walked in that door. I have enjoyed watching you grow and create and be amazing. Your portfolio looks nice. I hope you take all this artistic energy you now have balled up inside you, out into the world to truly explode like a... STAR! It has only ever been a joy to have you in class!