
There’s a girl named Elizabeth, she’s smart, focused and determined. The most important thing to her right now is her going to college and having a great future. Her parents always stressed the fact that education is important. Elizabeth is a senior in high school, she getting ready to graduate. One day after school, as Elizabeth was on her way home, she stopped by to grab the mail. She received a letter from Spellman University stating that she been accepted, Elizabeth has always wanted to go to Spellman so she was ecstatic. She immediately called her best friends Rosanna and Charlene so they can meet up at the park while she tells them the good news. At about 4:30 p.m, Rosanna, Charlene and Elizabeth met up at their favorite park, Mountainous Lake. The ladies discussed and celebrated the acceptance of Elizabeth. Rosanna stood on top of the bench and start shooting it out to everyone in the park. A couple of guys running stopped by to congratulate Elizabeth, one of the guys named Raul asked to take her out to celebrate, she excitingly accepted his offer. Raul and Elizabeth went out the next night; the two talked and laughed the whole time. Elizabeth couldn’t stop smiling the whole time they were out, Raul could tell she was enjoying his company so again he asked her out on another date and she accepted. The two begin to hang out often; Elizabeth started getting distracted from school and started focusing more on Raul. Elizabeth started having second thoughts about school. She thought maybe Raul could move to Atlanta with her so he will be closer to her, she thought maybe she could put off school until the winter, or maybe she can go straight into working after school. She tried talking to her friends but they thought she was nuts for trying to change her future just because a guy came into her life and her friends also thinks she’s changed since she start dating him. Her parents found out she was dating a guy and didn’t approve because he was Latino. Every time she goes out with him, she feels like something bad is going to happen or someone is watching them. Elizabeth has a very important decision to make; at the end of the day she’s going to do what’s best for her future. Elizabeth is going to live the dream, she always wanted to live and make her parents proud even if it involves having to break someone heart.
A better understanding of the picture and the story. I thought about the symbols and the meanings as I came up with this story. The girl in the picture is me but the story isn’t about me. When you take a look deep into the picture you will see a large body of water in the center of a park. I wanted to add that to show how the park came about so I said that the ladies met up at the park to talk and that’s where Elizabeth met Raul. Also in my dream it has water in it and one of the books I was reading said that cold water means I could be expecting good news to come about. I was accepted to the University of Kansas so I felt that was good news so I added that to a part of my story just switched it up a little bit; Instead of saying Kansas, I said Spellman. The eye ball symbol indicates that I’m suspicious of someone so I decided to say that every time Elizabeth go out with Raul she feel like someone is watching them. The picture with me covering my eyes could also say that Elizabeth isn’t ready to face the real world or the decision of having to leave Raul. A mountain in a dream indicates that a person is at a high point in their career or heading for a good career. The mountain ties into everything because if she goes to college then she has a good chance of having a good career. I’m sitting on top of the mountain so it could also mean Elizabeth is sitting on top of her career not ready to face the challenges.
No comments:
Post a Comment